Stay tuned for information on our next event
Podcast: Early Adopters Confront the Challenges of Revenue Recognition
Implementation of new revenue recognition standards was always going to be a challenge, no matter the timing. Hopefully, those companies who come later can learn a little bit from those brave souls who are showing the way: the early adopters. Rob Peters, senior director of Intelligize, discusses the findings of his company’s report on revenue recognition early adoption trends, Impact of Revenue Recognition Standards on Private Companies.
Pennsylvania Institute of CPAs’ Podcast, “CPA Conversations”
January 31, 2019
Up-C IPOs: Structure, Impact and Benefits
Despite market volatility, 2018 has proven to be a strong year for IPOs. Under the right circumstances, an Up-C structure implemented in connection with an IPO has the potential to deliver significant economic and tax benefits to financial sponsors and other selling shareholders.
In this CLE webinar*, we explain:
- When an “Up-C” structure might be appropriate for an IPO candidate
- Documenting the arrangements
- Addressing the tax receivable agreement
- The benefits to various stakeholders
- Life as a public company with an up-C structure and how it impacts financial and SEC reporting
- Undertaking acquisitions using an up-C structure
- Unwinding an up-C structure
After this session, attendees will:
- Understand the components of an up-C structure and when to implement
- Counsel clients on the benefits of an up-C structure
- Understand the economic and tax benefits to financial sponsors
*CLE is approved or in the process of approval for 60 minutes of CLE credit. The type of credit allowed will be determined by the state governing MCLE Board
Please Note: Recordings of CLE webinars do not qualify for CLE credit. This program may be available as a LexisNexis CLE On-Demand program at a later date at www.lexisnexis.com/university.
Date: Thursday, December 13, 2018
Time: 01:00 PM Eastern Standard Time
Duration: 1 hour
New Accounting Standards and Your SEC Disclosures
Learn from senior practitioners as they discuss the implementation of the new revenue recognition standards, lessons learned from early adopters and what’s likely to develop going forward.
Topic 842 potentially introduces substantial changes to the balance sheet of lessees and lessor accounting to align with changes in the lessee model and the new revenue recognition standard. Our panel of experts will explore some of the key developing considerations around the new Lease Accounting standard, plus they’ll discuss how ASU 2016-13 (Topic 326) will change how companies recognize an allowance for credit losses.
After this session, you will:
- Understand what the SEC expects around revenue recognition
- Know how the Lease Accounting Standard will affect disclosures
- Recognize the changing recognition thresholds and allowances for credit losses
Our expert panel includes:
- Panelist William Andreoni, Senior Director, Pine Hill Group
- Panelist Chris Rogers, Partner, Deloitte & Touche LLP
- Panelist Cullen Walsh, Partner, Grant Thornton
- Moderator Mark Butler, Director of Thought Leadership, Intelligize
Date: Thursday, November 29, 2018 at 1 p.m. EST