Stay tuned for information on our next event
IR Magazine Webinar – From revenue to reputation
The IR professional’s role has evolved into a significant function at large companies – especially those with an international shareholder base. From corporate sustainability and SEC disclosure effectiveness to revenue recognition and reputation management, today’s IR professionals are instrumental in value creation and are more vital to public companies than ever. With the end of each fiscal quarter comes preparation for the ubiquitous earnings announcement, where IROs must be fully versed on the issues of the day and how they impact shareholder value.
- Given the vast spectrum of information they manage and the litany of regulatory and compliance standards they must consider on a day-to-day basis, IR professionals are fast-becoming a critical component of corporate management. On September 27, 2017, we shared a number of key insights regarding the increasingly important role of IR professionals and discuss the most important issues facing public companies today.
A Conversation: SEC Compliance and Deregulation in the Trump Era
With executive orders around Dodd-Frank, coupled with leadership changes within the SEC, our moderated panel of experts discussed the impact on the way companies do business and approach their compliance strategies, including:
- Anticipated changes and developments to current regulations under the new administration
- Likely changes to SEC reporting and disclosure requirements
- Strategies for navigating compliance in the Trump era
The expert panel included:
- Patrick Oot, Partner, Shook, Hardy & Bacon and former Senior Special Counsel at the US Securities and Exchange Commission
- Scott Kimpel, Partner, Hunton & Williams
- Mark E. Harrington, former General Counsel, United Online
2017 Reporting Season: Early Insights and Trends
Intelligize experts Phil Brown, Rob Peters and Marc Butler shared early insights on how companies handled risk factors related to the Trump administration for the 2017 SEC reporting season and other hot topics like revenue recognition and non-GAAP reporting, to help you prepare your own filing strategy for the year. This webinar focused on S&P 500 filings and material reporting and how those companies reacted to the uncertainties of the 2017 reporting season.