Stay tuned for information on our next event
PIPE Transactions: Basics and Current Developments
PIPE transactions remain an important capital-raising alternative. Whether a public company is seeking to finance an acquisition, effect a recapitalization or restructuring, or facilitate a liquidity opportunity for an existing stockholder, a PIPE transaction may be the most efficient approach. As such, attorneys must be well-informed to advise their clients when a PIPE transaction is a viable capital-raising alternative, and usher them through the process of the transaction itself.
During this session, we will discuss:
- Recent market trends
- PIPE documentation and the principal negotiating issues
- The securities exchange shareholder approval rules and proposed changes to such rules
- Using warrants and structuring approaches
- Acquisition-related PIPE transactions
- Selling stockholder PIPE transactions
After this session, attendees will:
- Understand PIPE transactions and their components
- Counsel clients by identify investors and markets who find PIPE transactions attractive
- Understand the regulations governing PIPE transactions
- Identify deals clients with financial situations best suited for PIPE transactions
Anna T. Pinedo
Partner, Mayer Brown LLP
*CLE is approved or in the process of approval for 60 minutes of CLE credit. The type of credit allowed will be determined by the state governing MCLE Board.
ESG matters: materiality and a growing list of questions
The debate around ESG is one of the most compelling in the IR world at the moment: are governance teams at large institutional investors dictating a narrative that is unrepresentative of the broader investment community or are investors genuinely broadening their assessment of what they deem to be material for their investment process?
What is clear is that ESG is much more of a talking point on earnings calls and in other forums between investors and issuers, according to data from Intelligize. In this webinar we will explore how IR teams and corporate secretaries are working together to ensure that their company is well prepared for investor questions on ESG – whether they come from portfolio managers or governance teams.
Short, sharp and packed with expert insight, this webinar will get you up to speed on these critical issues in just 30 minutes.
Deregulation under Trump… or not?
Though the Trump administration promised to eliminate burdensome compliance standards and sweeping deregulation of Dodd-Frank, little has changed at the SEC under Jay Clayton thus far.
So what could be coming soon? Is deregulation on the horizon? What do you need to consider moving into upcoming filing seasons?
Find out in our free expert webinar on June 6, Deregulation Under Trump… or not?
Our experts will discuss what challenges issuers are actually facing in 2018, including:
- Tariffs and trade wars as risk factors
- ESG as a significant shareholder concern
- Growing cybersecurity challenges
- Revenue recognition, pay ratio disclosure, cryptocurrency and more
Our expert panel included:
- Panelist Scott Kimpel, Partner, Hunton Andrews Kurth
- Panelist Anna Pinedo, Partner, Mayer Brown
- Moderator Marc Butler, Director of Thought Leadership, Intelligize