PIPE transactions remain an important capital-raising alternative. Whether a public company is seeking to finance an acquisition, effect a recapitalization or restructuring, or facilitate a liquidity opportunity for an existing stockholder, a PIPE transaction may be the most efficient approach. As such, attorneys must be well-informed to advise their clients when a PIPE transaction is a viable capital-raising alternative, and usher them through the process of the transaction itself.
During this session, we will discuss:
- Recent market trends
- PIPE documentation and the principal negotiating issues
- The securities exchange shareholder approval rules and proposed changes to such rules
- Using warrants and structuring approaches
- Acquisition-related PIPE transactions
- Selling stockholder PIPE transactions
After this session, attendees will:
- Understand PIPE transactions and their components
- Counsel clients by identify investors and markets who find PIPE transactions attractive
- Understand the regulations governing PIPE transactions
- Identify deals clients with financial situations best suited for PIPE transactions
Anna T. Pinedo
Partner, Mayer Brown LLP
*CLE is approved or in the process of approval for 60 minutes of CLE credit. The type of credit allowed will be determined by the state governing MCLE Board.