Any time of year, especially in uncertain and volatile markets, preparing for earnings calls, earnings guidance and investor updates requires careful consideration. Among other factors, companies must consider recent statements and guidance from the Securities and Exchange Commission and SEC Staff.
Join us for a free CLE* webinar to address best practices in preparing for earnings calls and investor updates.
During this session, our experts will address:
- Communications safe harbors
- Forward-looking statements and cautionary statements
- KPIs and non-GAAP financial measures
- Trend information and earnings guidance
- SEC guidance related to COVID-19
- Undertaking securities offerings post-earnings announcements
After this session, attendees will:
- Become familiar with materiality; knowing what, when, and how issuers should disclose information
- Understand the background and scope of Regulation Fair Disclosure (“Regulation FD”)
- Become familiar with earnings releases’ content and what the SEC expects of issuers
- Recognize best practices of complying with Regulation FD and appropriate language for disclosures and communication to the public